Healthy Life Medical, Inc. offers monthly subutex and suboxone therapy to people wanting to break their addiction to opioids such as oxycontin, oxycodone, hydrocodone, heroin and methadone. To be a candidate for the therapy patients must sustain from opiate use at a minimum 24 hours and methadone at a minimum of 72 hours prior to their first appointment.
Steps of Subutex and Suboxone Treatment with Heathly Life Medical, Inc.
A patient who is interested in this treatment is required to schedule an initial evaluation and consultation with Healthy Life Medical’s physician who is qualified and experienced in treating addiction patients with this type of therapy. During your consultation visit,
* Our physician will evaluate and determine if you are a qualified candidate for this type of therapy.
* At the appointment you will be given a urinalysis drug screening, pregnancy test (for all females) and in certain cases you will be prescribed laboratory tests to obtain blood chemistry, urine toxicology and liver function study prior to treatment.
* If you are determined to be a good candidate for for the subutex / suboxone therapy the physician will then decide which of the two medications will be best for you. Due to allergies some people might react better to one or the other medication.
* The patient will the be prescribed the medication and you will then take that prescription to your pharmacy of choice or after the first month utilize our mail order pharmacy to get your prescription filled.
* 24 hours after your first appointment Healthy Life Medical will contact you to make sure you are not having any adverse reactions to the medication. The physician may ask you to come back into the office for a follow up appointment before your next monthly scheduled appointment in certain cases. This is to make sure you are not having any adverse side effects to the medications and to do an all around wellness check.
Stabilization occurs several weeks after the induction. This period begins when the patient is no longer experiencing withdrawal symptoms or intense cravings. The main goal of stabilization is to eliminate opioid use, as noted by patient reports and confirmed by urine drug screening.
The maintenance phase lasts anywhere from six months, a year or longer. During this phase, the patient is maintained at a comfortable dose and reports minimal craving or side effects. At an ideal daily dose, the patient should not experience neither withdrawal symptoms nor cravings. Medication adjustment, urine toxicology monitoring, pregnancy tests, liver function test and Clinical Opiate Withdrawal (COWS) will be conducted during regular office visits during maintenance phase.
Successful treatment of opioid addiction requires both pharmacologic management and appropriate counseling. Patients will be referred to knowledgable addiction counselors to handle both the root cause emotional trauma that opioid addiction causes.
The cost of our program is $100 for the first office visit and $200 for all follow up visits. If asked to come back in for a wellness check during the first month there is no additional charge for this visit. Unfortunately we do not accept insurance at this time, however that is expected to change in the near future. If you have insurance you may be able to get your insurance to cover the cost of your medications. However you would need to contact the pharmacy that you will fill your medications to find out if this is possible and what if anything you may need from our office to get your medication covered. If you do not have insurance you can call 888-898-4818 to help get your medications covered and you can also get a prescription discount card for suboxone by calling 877-678-7493.
If you or someone you know will benefit from this treatment option for their opioid addiction please call Healthy Life Medical today at 407-499-1656 to schedule your appointment. We are here to help and we look forward to speaking with you!